30+ Years Serving the Minneapolis-Metro
Counseling & Therapy Specialist
I help individuals, couples, families and groups to benefit from insights they develop through their counseling and therapy. The process of therapy helps clients become self-reflective and teaches them to use that knowledge to understand their behavior. I draw from my extensive training in a variety of therapeutic approaches to tailor the treatment for each situational need.
- Individual Psychotherapy
- Marriage & Relationship Counseling
- Family Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Life Coaching
- Consultations for Clinicians, Agencies, and Small Family Businesses
I believe that the basis for successful therapy is a strong therapeutic relationship. Building on this alliance, I use a variety of techniques to collaboratively help clients reach their goals. Therapy is not a one-size fits all endeavor. Depending on your needs, we may address your thought patterns, emotions, and/or behaviors that you’d like to change.
Research shows that Psychodynamic Therapy has lasting results whereas Cognitive Behavioral Therapy does not.
Education & Psychotherapy Licenses:
I have trained under the best leaders in traditional and new therapies, including the leading researchers in the field of counseling and psychotherapy. This greatly deepens my understanding of people and increases my ability to help them understand their emotions, thinking, behavior and relationship patterns.
- BA. University of Minnesota
- MSW. University of Minnesota
- LICSW .722. Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker
- LMFT .124. Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
- BCD .12428. Board Certified Diplomate
Professional Psychotherapy Affiliations:
- National Association of Clinical Social Workers
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapists
- Society for Psychoanalytic Studies
- Minnesota Women in Psychology
- American Association for Psychoanalytic Clinical Social Work
- Mn Institute for Contemporary Psychoanalytic and Psychoanalysis